Sunday, March 18, 2007

lake louise ski day 2nd part of story + security guards are idiots.

ok, so the second part of my lake louise ski day which i didnt mention before cos i didnt want to write it before i knew the whole story is.

last run of the day, im in the terain park. i hit 2 jumps and get some decent air. then i hit this pretty decent sized ledge which a nice drop at the end. that was gonna be my whole run but down the bottom of the terrain park is this tiny little roll on ledge thing. i had hit it many times before so i cruise upto it, roll onto it, and just at the end i catch an edge. i smash my shin against the metal edge. my knee on the other edge and i roll onto my shoulder ><

i have a nice big gash in my leg - pics later

my knee is kind of bruised but my shoulder felt really really bad. so the next day, worried that i had maybe fractures something, went to the hospital. the hospital charges fees which are somewhat similar to that of an expensive lawyer. just to see a doctor right away would cost me $380 + the doctors fee and then if i wanted it x-rayed that was another $110. i politely told them i would go to a clinic in town. did that and anyway my shoulder is fine and i will be out boarding next tueday.


anyway the second part to this blog:

Last night i finished work at 12:50 after 50 minutes of overtime *frustrated look on face* So I hopped on the computer in the staff cafe (there is only 1 cos the other 1 is broken at the moment) anyway then this security dude comes in. the only people around at night are the security and the cleaners.

anyway the chefs usually make them food and put it in this 'altosham' which is like a big steel cabinet thing which keeps the food warm. usually there are 4 or 5 plates in there but the chef must have forgotten and only put 1 meal in there. anyway the cleaner who was doing the kitchen had got there first and scored the only plate of food. so the security dude comes along, tells the dude that he took the only plate of food (pretty much stating the obvious as the fellow had to have known this when he took it) and is all pissed off cos of it. He goes on about how there are 5 people working tonight and he got the only meal. Then he looks over at me and says, 'ive told u before ur not allowed in here after 11'

i explain i finished work just 5 minutes ago and am just shooting off an e-mail to my dad.

he says, ' i dont care, your on the only working computer and if somebody else wanted it, you would have to get off'

i again say, 'i just finished work, and if you want to use the computer then just ask'

he then tells me to get off the computer.

so i ask him if he wants to use the computer.

he doesnt answer

I again enquire if he wants the computer.

no answer.

He then asks me to leave. so I close all my windows. get up and offer him the seat. he doesnt move cos he clearly never wanted the computer. no one else has arrived in the room yet. only the cleaner eating the meal which the security guard didnt get, me and the security guard himself. So as im walking out I say,

'in the other dudes defence, if there are 5 people working and 1 plate of food, then its pretty obvious that 4 people are going to miss out yeah? and if he got here first, and he got the plate of food, then its his good luck and everyone elses bad luck ya know, thats just the way the cookie crumbles. also there is no point kicking someone off the computer when the only other people who might want to use it either dont want it, as you have demonstrated or too busy eating.'

As i walked out he had plenty of time to reply but didnt bother cos he was totally owned. security guards are idiots and are mostly sad because they are too overweight to became police officers.


cya
gerald

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great stories and very happy to hear you are OK after the fall.Marja