Tuesday, April 24, 2007

wow, could my luck become any more amazingly wicked?

ok, well its been a while since my last blog entry, mainly because i now have to pay for the internet. to those who aint getting myspace comments and e-mails as much as before - my apologies, but then who actually reads this besides my family, jackie, martha, rita somewhat and other people who i direct to it.

anyway been living in Lake Louise. its pretty nice here. the hostel is nice, lots of fun people. there are 2 bars in LL, explorers - really relaxed. and the BnG (bar n grill) which is a bit more roudy.

lots of fun things to do,

karoke nights once a week
bon fire nights,
pool nights,
etc....

anyway here is my latest cool story.

was hitching back from lake louise ski resort with some nice people. hop out the car at the shops where they dropped me, went in and got some vegies for dinner, then come out and realise my bag is in the car and the car aint there anymore....AAAAAHG. then i realised my camera with all the photos is in there, some of my diabetes stuff is in there, my goggles, gloves and helmet are in there etc.. etc..... actually thats about it. anyway yeah, i was up shit creek in a barbed wire boat without a paddle....as some put it. it wasnt your usual shake n bake scenario.

so i went about my hunt. my english chef buddy roman was with me and he had seen the driver around before so we knew they were locals. so the nxt day - sunday (LL's biggest day of the week) i set about looking into the back seat of every SUV in the carpark. 1 hour later, no luck. so i left a note on a black board down the bottom of the gondola explaining to who ever read it that i was at the hostel. later that day no luck. i went to the police and got a report so i could claim it on my insurance and at the same time asked if anyone had handed it in. no luck. today i did the same thing, looked in cars, went to the police. walked around town trying to find the car. then i get back to the hostel this evening and i guess the person had seen my note and dropped my bag off with everything in it.

it does pay to live in a small town of only a few hundred. YAY!!!! anyway thats my amazing story. besides that i went to banff today and yes dad i did get the package. yippy. anyway i hitched there with some cool chinese bloke who practises acupuncture and he was pretty interesting.

on teh 26th, just 3 days away now i will go to calgary and meet my buddies:



and




wo0o0ot im excited. while im there im gonna crash at the downtown hostel and then the next day check out this place and have a bit of a roll as i purchased myself a skateboard the last night i was in banff.



so yeah, thats about it. the snow is still fun cos it gets slushy and u can hit stuff in the park. right down the bottom of the slope near the beer garden there is a BIG puddle which ive hit but it keeps getting bigger each day. after a long day snowboarding its enjoyable to relax with a beer and watch all the little kids and the people who dont know how to board/ski attempt it and fall in. anyway tomorrow, if its nice and warm i am going to try and hit it wearing nothing but my snowboard boots and some boxer shorts. should be fun!!!

pics to come of my attempt if i make it or not

toodles for now
gerald

No comments: